Saturday, November 12, 2011

A quick bucket list

Like anyone who is getting older, I've started making that infamous bucket list.
Of course the list could really be a mile long but I've tried to be realistic about the things that I could do.
So here is my bucket list so far in random order:

  • Visiting Australia, New Zealand, The Netherlands, and all the other places that I've dreamed about since i was old enough to look at an atlas.
  • Finally learning a second language - I can speak French at a tourist level so I guess I'm on my way.
  • Taking a class at a world-class university like Harvard.
  • Writing a book. It doesn't matter what it's about, I would just like to walk into a bookstore and see my book on the shelf.
  • Being able to hold a tiger cub. I love the majesty of tigers.
  • Singing in public. I've sung in choirs and at karaoke but I've never sung by myself.
  • Doing community theatre. I'm not sure how good I'd be but I'd like to try.
  • Visiting the last states and provinces in the US and Canada so I can say I've been to all 50 states plus Puerto Rico and all 10 provinces and 3 territories.
  • Finally discovering a real hobby besides playing Facebook games
It's not a complete list of course but a realistic one. I could put running a marathon on that list but I know that has about a 1% chance of happening.

So what's on your bucket list?
May 17, 2003
I finally got my bachelor's degree in Elementary Education at age 40!



No comments:

Post a Comment